What do you want your ‘public’ digital face to be?
research showing the more info/data available, the more (physical) visitor numbers
upsides, downsides, and unintended consequences
pick’n’mix approach from the following (ie you don’t need everything)
- domain names vs hosting
- domains + hosting
- Wordpress or Wix or Squarespace might be fine: but they might not.
your organization needs a basic, fast, secure website that is aesthetically pleasing
deploying to Github Pages
using github + netlify to serve your pages
- you have wonderful materials. Showcase them.
- also makes your data available in a variety of useful formats
- Tell stories about your materials, pulling them together from your collection’s materials
- Omeka.net versus hosting your own
- Differing communities have differing protocols about access to cultural heritage information. Mukurtu is built with this in mind.
- Some simple bots that can make your materials more accessible
- powered by the API that datasette made available to you